Parchamo Peak Climbing
Parchamo Peak Climbing – An Enchanting Climbing on Extended Snow Slopes
Parchamo peak climbing can be approached from Rolwaling as well as from Lukla. Parchamo peak climbing from Rolwaling makes longer route, however provides the experience of trekking in remote areas. Crossing over Tashi Lapcha Pass is both challenging and rewarding with great views of west of Everest region. The route from Lukla is easier to reach the base camp for Parchamo peak climbing.
Parchamo peak can be climbed possibly in the shortest period of time among all the trekking peaks in Nepal. It is an attractive straight forward snow peak located to the south of Tashi Laptcha. The peak has well defined North – West Ridge which rises from the glacier connected to Tashi Lapcha Pass.
Trekking and Parchamo Peak Climbing Route Details
For Parchamo peak climbing we make our approach to Lukla by flight. We follow the standard trekking route of Everest up to Namche. We make North -West turn and trek to Thame, a scenic vantage point with great views of west of Khumbu Valley. We further hike to Ngole and set the base camp at 5100m. on the moraines. Climbing the glacier above takes us to a good campsite but the place is prone to rock falling. Further climbing up the north east of Tashi Lapcha Icefall, we reach below the rock walls where we establish high camp at 5500m. for Parchamo peak climbing.
We climb to the ridge which has its extension from the glaciers of Tashi Lapcha. We turn to the west and arrive at the bottom of the snow slope with the sight of attractive snow peak all the way to the summit. The snow slope has crevasses and small seracs rising from the rocky lower buttresses which make Parchamo peak climbing complicated. We climb the snow slope to reach the summit.
The summit of the peak offers the spectacular views of Tengi Ragi Tau, Cho Oyu, Amadablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. Parchamo peak climbing is not technically difficult. Normally, It is windy on the snow slope and the summit. Sometime big crevasses make the climbing complicated and requires ladder in the extreme cases to cross the crevasses.
Name of the Trip: Parchamo Peak Climbing
Activities: Trekking and Climbing
Duration: 15 Days
Region: Everest/Rolwaling Region
Difficulty Level: Moderately Easy
Best Season: April, May/September, OctoberEnquire This Trip
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Greet at the airport and transfer to hotel. Briefing of the trip at the convenient time.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla – Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 3 – 4 hrs.
Transfer to airport for the flight of half an hour to Lukla with great views of the mountains. Easy walk to Phakding for approximately three hours.
Day 03: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (3440 m): 5 – 6 hrs
Walk through beautiful pine forest passing Dhudhkosi River crossing several suspension bridges to Namche with sights of Kusum Kangru, Everest & Nuptse.
Day 04: Exploration Day at Namche Bazaar
Hike up to Everest View Hotel for better views of Everest and acclimatization. A pleasant day to explore around Namche talking to the Sherpas and marveling at the incredible scenery
Day 05: Namche Bazzar to Thame (3,820m) – 3 – 4 hrs.
A short day of hiking passing small Sherpa villages in a fine trail.
Day 06: Thame – Thengpokharka ( 4230m. ); 4 – 5 hrs.
Ascend to Thamo Teng and turn westwards passing mani and chorten following valley of Thame Khola passing yeak pasture land to Thenpokharka.
Day 07: Thengpokharka – Ngole ( 5100m. ); 4 – 6 hrs.
Leaving river valley behind, ascend around a spur of Tengi Ragi Tou pass rock slide, grassy moraine below rock overhangs to a rock strewn area. Another one hour hike takes to the moraine beneath the overhangs to Ngole to set up the base camp.
Day 08: Ngole – High Camp ( 5640m. ); 3 – 4 hrs
Continue climbing north – east of the Icefall from Tashi Lapcha over scree beneath the rock wall of Tengi Ragi Tau to rocky terraces to set the high camp.
Day 09: High Camp – Summit ( 6178m. ) – Base Camp ( 5100m. ); 6 – 7 hrs.
Climbing on snow slopes to gain the ridge of Parchamo rising from the broken glacier of Tashi lapcha pass and further climbing on the ridge to summit. Caution for the possible crevasses near the summit. Cho Oyu, Tengi Ragi Tau, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kusum Kangaru are magnificent from the summit. Descend to base camp.
Day 10: Spare day for summit
Use of spare day as contingency for bad weather or for other reasons.
Day 11: Base Camp – Thame ( 3820m.); 4- 5 hrs.
Descend through the glaciers, pass rock slide, grassy moraine and following the valley to Thame.
Day 12: Thame – Namche 3440m.); 2 – 3 hrs.
Easy descend to Namche.
Day 13: Namche Bazaar-Lukla (2,800m): 6 – 8 hrs
Following rocky terrain and crossing Dhudhkosi several times, descend to Lukla.
Day 14: Lukla – Kathmandu Flight.
Fly Lukla – Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Farewell dinner at one of the finest typical Nepali restaurant with traditional Nepali culture program.
Day 15: Airport Transfer
Airport transfer for departure.
Cost will be provided on request.
- International and domestic airport arrivals and departures
- Accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan ( as per the choice of the trekkers )
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight fare including airport tax
- All necessary paperwork for permit (Peak permit, national park entrance).
- Climbing guide’s equipment allowance and wages
- Group climbing gears (ropes, snow bars, ice screws etc )
- High food
- Accommodation at the hotels / lodges in the trekking trail and camping arrangement at base camp cook. Kitchen boy, tents, mattresses, food, fuel, kitchen and camping equipment )
- All meals ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) in the trekking
- An experienced English speaking trek leader ( trekking guide ) and assistant trekking guide ( 4 trekking members ), and porters ( one porter between two trekkers ) to carry luggage including their meals, accommodation, wages, equipment and accident insurance.
- First aid medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
Cost does not include:
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Members personal climbing gears
- Nepal visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the domestic flight
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance for trekking members
- Any additional expenses due to domestic flight delay or cancellation
- Any other expenses of personal nature (phone calls, laundry, bar bills battery recharge, hot shower and boiled water in the trekking ).
- Gratuity for the trekking staffs