Langtang trekking is one of the short treks in Nepal with easy access of scenic drive to Langtang region. The trek passes through beautiful pine and rhododendron forest and diverse ethnic settlements. Trekking to Langtang gives the glimpses of trekking in Tibet for its similar landscape and the culture and tradition similar to Tibetans. The beautiful Langtang Valley with vast grazing meadows and glaciers is surrounded by snow capped mountains. Kyanjing, the ultimate destination for this trekking is plethora of mountains with possible hikes to the ridges for the spectacular views of the Himalayas in Langtang region including Langtang Lirung (7246m), Lenpo Gang (7083m) and Dorje Lakpa (6990m).
Trekking Name: Langtang Trekking
Trekking Region: Langtang Region
Duration: 10 days
Difficulty Level: Moderately Easy
Best Season: March, April, May/September, October, November
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Meeting at the airport and transfer to a hotel. A briefing of the trekking trip at a convenient time.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Syabrubensi ( 7 – 8 hrs. drive )
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi via Trishuli with magnificent views of Himalayas from Ranipauwa.
Day 03: Syabrubensi – Lama Hotel ( 2380m., 5 – 6 hrs. )
Descend and cross Langtang Khola and hike up through a gorge along rhododendron forest to Lama Hotel.
Day 04: Lama Hotel – Langtang Village ( 3430m., 5 – 6 hrs )
Hike up through the valley with great views of Langtang Lirung, pass water mills, prayer wheels and chortens to Langtang.
Day 05: Langtang Village – Kyanjing Gompa ( 3870m., 5 – 4 hrs )
Pass through yak pastures & mani walls to Kyanjing Gompa, the last village in Langtang with a lovely Buddhist monastery under the shadow of stunning Himalayas and glaciers.
Day 06: Exploration Day
Explore around the rugged and beautiful mountain ranges ringed with glaciers, snowfalls and huge moraines with great views of Langtang Lirung (7,246 m.), Langtang Ri (7,239 m.), Lanpo Gang (7100 m.) and Dorji Lakpa (6,989 m). Option of hiking to Tserko Ri ( 4984m.)
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa – Lama Hotel ( 2380m., 6 – 7 hrs )
Hike through yak pastures, crossing several wooden bridges to Lama Hotel.
Day 08: Lama Hotel – Syabru ( 2210m., 5 – 6 hrs. )
Walk downhill crossing the Langtang Khola and passing though lush green vegetation enjoying the spectacular view of larch, flowers to Syabrubensi.
Day 09: Syabrubensi – Kathmandu ( 7 – 8 hrs. drive )
Drive back to Kathmandu via Trishuli. A farewell dinner with culture program in the evening.
Day 10: Airport Transfer for Departure
Transfer to airport for international departure.
Cost will be provided on request.
The cost includes:
- International airport arrival and departure
- Accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan ( as per the choice of the trekkers )
- All necessary paperwork for permit ( national park entrance, TIMS card )
- Accommodation at the hotels / lodges in the trekking trail
- All meals ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) in the trekking
- An experienced English speaking trek leader ( trekking guide ) and assistant trekking guide ( 4 trekking members ), and porters ( one porter between two trekkers ) to carry luggage including their meals, accommodation, wages, equipment and accident insurance.
- First aid medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Farewell dinner
The cost does not include:
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance for trekking members
- Any additional expenses due to domestic flight delay or cancellation
- Any other expenses of personal nature (phone calls, laundry, bar bills battery recharge, hot shower and boiled water in the trekking).
- Gratuity for the trekking staffs