Dhaulagiri is one of the most popular 8000m. peaks for climbing in Himalayas . The seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri, lies on north – west of Pokhara culminating high point at its eastern end. Dhaulagiri is almost uninque in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain, it rises 7000m. over Kaligandaki gorge the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two eight thousenders, Annapurna I & Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
When Dhaulagiri was first discovered in 1808, it was thought to be the highest mountain in the world for the westerners. It remained as highest peak for 30 years before its place was taken by Kanchanjunga. Dhaulagiri means white mountain which justifies a magnificient peak rising as a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow. The South and West faces of Dhaulagiri both feature massive drops; each rises over 4000 meters from its base, and each has been the site of historical climbs. The peak was first conquered in 1960 by a Swiss / Austrian expedition team via North East Ridge which has been the normal route of ascent for most of the climbings to date. Dhaulagiri is buttresses by five ridges which offers the possibilities of different routes of ascent though six different routes have been established for climbing so far.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and hotel transfer
Day 02 – 03: Official formalities and expedition preparation
Day 04: Drive to Darbang
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani.
Day 06: Trek to Muri.
Day 07: Trek to Bagar.
Day 08: Trek to Doban.
Day 09: Trek to Sallaghari.
Day 10: Trek to Italy base Camp.
Day 11: Rest at Italy Base Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 13 - 39: Climbing
Day 40: Clean up the base camp
Day 41: Trek to Hidden Valley.
Day 42: Trek to Yak Kharka
Day 43: Trek to Jomsom
Day 44: Fly to Pokhara
Day 45: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 46: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 47: Airport transfer for international flight.
( Basic logistic support starts with US $. per person for the group of 4 pax. )
For further details, please write to us: email@example.com
(Cost) US $. per person for the group of 4 – 6 pax
US $ 5870. per person for the group of 7 – 12 pax
The cost Includes:
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff ( sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer )
- Food and fuel at the base camp
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as, member tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from Darbang - base camp - Darbang
- Porters to carry loads from Darbang - base camp – Darbang
- Royalty and peak permit
- Airport arrival and departure
- land transportation from Kathmandu – Gorkha - Kathmandu
- Accommodation at 3 and 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on BB plan
The cost does not include:
1. High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
2. Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp
3. Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation